“A 40oz to freedom is the only chance I have to feel good...” – Sublime

“...two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.” – Henry Rollins

“Adult males > 200lbs” – 70’s Big

Monday, June 4, 2012

- Bench: 90/198 x 5 x 5
- Squat: 120/264 x 5 x 5
- DB Row: 42/92 x 3 x 10, 37/81 x 2 x 10
- Bi/Tri: 3 x 10
- Conditioning: Prowler - 10 x 20m trips with 185lb in 10:00 (alternating high/low handles)

So Andy Baker designed me a heavy-light-medium set up. The first 6 weeks are a high volume loading phase, hitting 5x5 PRs in the 6th week, followed by a week deload, then 5 weeks of triples and doubles and new maxes in the 12th week. Feeling pretty pumped about it.

Today was fairly light and easy, but it’s gonna get heavy and hard quickly. My left hip flexor is giving me a bit of grief, so let’s hope that doesn’t derail my squat progress before I even get started.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds good. Interesting kind of set up. Somewhat similar to some of the stuff Rippetoe lays out in Practical Programming under the Advanced section

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see your new maxes in week 12. I would guess your gonna make a pretty sizeable jump in strength.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Andy says to expect 10 to 30lb increases, depending on how the loading phase goes and if I hit my peak or miss it slightly.

      Let's put it this way: I'm not gonna be left wondering if I ate enough during these 12 weeks.

      Delete