“A 40oz to freedom is the only chance I have to feel good...” – Sublime

“...two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.” – Henry Rollins

“Adult males > 200lbs” – 70’s Big

Friday, February 10, 2012

Too early

- Squat: 127.5/281 x 5, 137.5/303 x 5, 147.5/325 x 3
- GHR: BW x 3 x 12
- Weighted Chin Up: 32.5/71 x 8,6 (PR)
- DB Row: 32/70 x 3 x 10

I had to get a quick session in early this morning before work as I didn’t want to have lift after 8pm again and be all jacked up and to wired to sleep properly.

I was going for 5 reps on that top sets of squats, but lost it forward on the 4th rep. The first two sets felt great and I really expected to crush the third, but it just didn’t happen. At any rate, if I hadn’t failed today I would have failed soon enough as I re-approach my best weights without wraps, yet at a body weight 10lbs lighter. I have also come to believe that squatting with wraps, even when only wrapped lightly, made me weaker without wraps. Definitely looking forward to putting squatting on 5/3/1 the week after next.

Another little PR on the weighted chins.

And that’s it. Off to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment