“A 40oz to freedom is the only chance I have to feel good...” – Sublime

“...two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.” – Henry Rollins

“Adult males > 200lbs” – 70’s Big

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Back from Tasmania

I got back from Tasmania yesterday and it was one hell of a week. From the 400 year old forests of the Styx Valley to the summit of Cradle Mountain to the 10 hour hike with 30kg pack through the Walls of Jerusalem, the trip was one of the most significant and influential things I have ever done. It really humbled me and put shit in perspective.

So today was my first session since last Tuesday. I can’t remember the last time I took a full week (let alone 9 days) off all lifting, so I wasn’t sure how today would go. It turns out that the break did my body a world of good and I actually felt stronger than before I left. I made a concerted effort to eat plenty while I was away and make sure that I didn’t lose any weight as a result of all of the hiking we did.

- Deadlift: 160/353 x 2, 170/375 x 2, 175/386 x 2, 180/397 x 2 x 2, 120/264 x 10 (touch n go)
- Squat: 110/242 x 5, 120/264 x 5, 130/286 x 5
- Weighted Chin: 25/55 x 2 x 8
- Neck Harness: 24/53x2x50
- Ab Circuit
- Conditioning: Hill sprint x 5

Deadlift felt pretty good. Two more weeks on the TLA template until I max out and attempt a new 1RM.

Squats felt the best they have in months. That top set is the heaviest I have squatted in about 2 months, so I’m very happy with it.

Starting next week I will be lifting Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. I will be starting a second cycle of Steel’s Big Bench program, finishing my TLA deadlift progression and getting my 3x5 squat back up over 300lbs, after which I will progress both my deadlift and squat according to the TLA template.

No comments:

Post a Comment