“A 40oz to freedom is the only chance I have to feel good...” – Sublime

“...two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.” – Henry Rollins

“Adult males > 200lbs” – 70’s Big

Monday, September 2, 2013



- Bench: 95 x 6 x 4 (first and last reps paused)
- Close Grip Bench: 100 x 6 x 2 (first reps paused)
- Weighted Chin/Wide Grip Pull Up: 20 x 5 x 6
- JM Press: 40 x 4 x 8
- Curls and Laterals

Comments: 

Okay so I’m back logging. I never stopped training. 

Thanks to N.Kelman I have started RTS. I basically started last week, which I will count as my first week of my first volume block. At this stage I’m going to run 4 weeks of volume followed by 2 weeks of intensity, will see how it goes though (might do 3 weeks volume, 1 week deload/transition, 2 weeks intensity). 

1 comment:

  1. So I didn't explain the 1 rep = 4KG = 1 RPE very well.

    Week 1: 150 x 4, @9

    is the same as (eg. no progress)

    Week 2: 158 x 2, @9

    So if I wanted to make progress, week two would be this (1KG progress)

    Week 2: 159 x 2, @9


    Now if I wanted to carry this into a intensity week, I would go like this (2KG progress)

    Week 4: 160 x 4, @9

    Week 5: 174 x 2, @10 ( 4KG for each rep, and for the added RPE, then 2KG of progress )


    You just reverse the equation for adding reps.


    Start the fatigue percents next week, and you will see how you can use a 3% week as a sort of deload, but still hit 1 top set, with maybe 1 backoff set, so you can fully recover, but not get weaker.

    I had to start thinking of programming stress, 9% = high stress. It's a strange concept at first, but you should be able to tell a 9% week from a 5% week, once you do them.

    ReplyDelete