“A 40oz to freedom is the only chance I have to feel good...” – Sublime

“...two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.” – Henry Rollins

“Adult males > 200lbs” – 70’s Big

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Running hills in the rain

- Press: 57.5/127 x 3 x 5 (light)
- EZ Curl: 40/88 x 3 x 10
- Pushdown: 3x10
- Conditioning: Hill sprints x 5 in the freezing rain
- Core work between lifts
- Neck Harness 16/35x4x45

I have been trying to make do without squats for the last couple of weeks. Today I tried out some barbell step ups. They didn’t agree with my lower back or knees at all.

I was also bidding on a second hand leg press/hack squat on ebay (it wasn’t in the best condition and had been modified) but ceased bidding once it went over $400 (if it hadn’t been modified I would have been willing to pay more). I am considering purchasing a brand new one if it means I can work around my injuries. Although it might not be a solution to my knee pain at all (in fact they may very well prove even worse for my knees) and in that case I would be wasting my money. So that has me thinking that I should save the money and spend less than half of it on GHR and strengthen the weak hamstrings that may be contributing to my possibly quad dominant knee issue.

Anyway my hip feels like it is improving so with any luck I will be able to squat next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment