“A 40oz to freedom is the only chance I have to feel good...” – Sublime

“...two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.” – Henry Rollins

“Adult males > 200lbs” – 70’s Big

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Dealing with adductor pain

- Conditioning: 200m x 5

My legs (hamstrings and inner thighs) were incredibly sore from yesterday. I can see how, following a deload week, repping out deads and squats is going to cause some serious soreness. So these 200m repeats were not as fast as I would have liked (all spot on 30 seconds).

In addition, as I had anticipated, running the day after I deadlift (with semi-sumo stance) caused some discomfort in my adductors again. Not as severe as if I had sprinted 40s or 100s, but discomforting none the less. I’m going to have to figure a way to work around this. My first choice will be to simply do hill sprints on Wednesday’s, as these don’t cause any trouble, obviously due to the fact that I’m not running as fast up a steep incline. But ideally I would like to be on the track twice a week. I just don’t like the fact that my deadlifting is preventing me from sprinting.

Anyway, I’ll figure something out.

No comments:

Post a Comment