“A 40oz to freedom is the only chance I have to feel good...” – Sublime

“...two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.” – Henry Rollins

“Adult males > 200lbs” – 70’s Big

Friday, March 9, 2012

Prowler Hell

- Squat: 110/242 x 5, 125/275 x 3, 140/308 x 6
- RDL: 62.5/138 x 3 x 10
- Neck Harness: 24/53x2x55
- Ab circuit
- Conditioning: Prowler - 15 x 20m trips with 163lb in 10:00 (alternating high/low handles)

I played it smart on the squat this afternoon and left a few good reps in the tank. My knee has been a little sore lately and I was lifting alone (so intensity wasn’t as high) so I finished the set at 6. Like Wendler says: pick your battles. I went hard on the deadlift earlier in the week and really pushed my bench yesterday, so I taking it a little bit easier on the squat today was a wise decision.

The prowler on the other hand, was a new record and the hardest prowler session I have ever done. I literally couldn’t stand up afterwards and was wretching pretty bad. It was worth it though. I’ve wanted 15 trips with that weight for a while now, so that’s the new benchmark.

I’m looking forward to my first deload next week. I’ll probably just condense my 4 sessions into 2 or 3 and hit the track a fair bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment