“A 40oz to freedom is the only chance I have to feel good...” – Sublime

“...two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.” – Henry Rollins

“Adult males > 200lbs” – 70’s Big

Wednesday, September 19, 2012



- Press: 79 x 3 x 3 (PR)
- SSB Box Squat: 100 x 3 x 5
- Banded GM: 3 x 15
- Biceps, Triceps, Abs & Neck
- Conditioning: Farmers Walk (120kg) x 40m x 5 

Comments: 

Again I was considering going lighter on the press to see if it has been interfering with my bench on Friday, but I just couldn’t resist hitting another PR. 

The box squat was done to just above parallel and thus just above where my hip hurts, so I figure this will be a decent movement until I can start squatting properly again. 

First time doing banded GMs. I like ‘em. 


3 comments:

  1. Have you tried sumo GM with the SSB? Killed me last week.

    Do you think the sumo deads could have something to do with your hip pain? Eric mentions it in this article, but you seem to have a closeish stance ... http://www.ericcressey.com/how-to-deadlift-which-variation-is-right-for-you-2

    I just switched to sumo deads, after getting no where on conventional, I think my arms are too short, and its just killing my lower back. Having good results, already past my conventional 5RM, and only 4 weeks in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey bro, nah my modified sumo dead has never caused me any hip pain. I have some pretty serious (grade 3 according to physio) tendinitis of the rectus femoris hip flexor and that was without a doubt caused by incorrect low bar squatting (knees coming forward, hamstrings slackened etc).

      I haven't tried good mornings before, might give them a go with the SSQ. Yeah I've never been good at conventional either, short arms, long torso. However my sumo as you noted has a close stance though and it's still very much back dominant and I get some pretty bad DOMS in my lumbar after a heavy dead session.

      Delete
  2. Once the weight gets to a certain point, it just dumps you down because of the bar camber. I have the same SSB as you, and its no joke.

    I feel you on short arms, I got them, as well as long legs. Sick of locking deads out at my nut sack, so I switched. Your deadlift is badass.

    ReplyDelete