“A 40oz to freedom is the only chance I have to feel good...” – Sublime

“...two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.” – Henry Rollins

“Adult males > 200lbs” – 70’s Big

Thursday, November 1, 2012



- Press: 76 x 5 (PR)
- Bench: 102 x 4 x 5 (PR)
- Weighted Chin: 27.5 x 3 x 6
- Band Pushdown: 5 x 10 

Comments: 

I decided that the over-warmup for the press doesn’t work as well as the bench as the weight differential isn’t as great. I’m happy with this PR, however the last rep was real tough, so I’m going to switch to 5 doubles across for my intensity press as of next week. 

Volume bench is getting quite hard, as was to be expected; and of course pressing first obviously isn’t making it any easier. So my first action will be to keep my volume bench weight constant for 2-3 weeks and see if I can’t continue to slowly increase that way. I will also have to observe how the 5 press doubles beforehand impacts my bench and make decisions accordingly.

If that route fails, I think I’ll change my volume bench to 10 x 3 at 80 -85% with 60 – 120 seconds between sets. I’ll start at the low end of that range, making my first load 98kg. I understand that this change is pretty “out there” and could be a total disaster, however it will be either that, resetting my volume weight and working back up, or start to look at cycling/peaking my volume bench. 

Also my weight gain appears to have maybe stalled, only weighed 81.2 this morning, so a slight increase in calories may be needed. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment