“A 40oz to freedom is the only chance I have to feel good...” – Sublime

“...two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.” – Henry Rollins

“Adult males > 200lbs” – 70’s Big

Sunday, November 25, 2012



Deadlift: 110x5, 140x4, 155x3, 177.5x2, 190x1, 195x FAIL

Comments: 

In case I needed any more evidence that I am overtrained/underecovered/stagnating or whatever, today was it. Obviously I recognise that some of this was mental, but considering that my best pull is 220 and today I missed 195, demonstrates that I need to take a week off. I haven’t taken a week off since the beginning of January and have only missed a one or two sessions since then.  

Also though, I don’t like this deadlift set up. Again, what got me a 5 plate pull? Linear progression/linear periodization and that’s what I’m going to do again. One top set and back off sets if need be. My RDLs have also been getting heavier and have they increased by hamstring size or aided my deadlift? No. So back to lighter pump sets for those. 

I'm listening to my body, analyzing my training data and drawing conclusions accordingly. I know exactly what needs to be done. No program hoping, no drastic changes, just smart and sensible modifications.

Be back in a week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment