“A 40oz to freedom is the only chance I have to feel good...” – Sublime

“...two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.” – Henry Rollins

“Adult males > 200lbs” – 70’s Big

Monday, November 7, 2011

Could have been better

- DB Seated Press: 64/141 x 9, 60/130 x 12
- Squat: 152.5/336 x 6, 110/242 x 20
- Steep Incline CGB: 50/110 x 12, 10
- Prowler: 8 x 40m trips in 10:00

I went a little too light on the DB seated press and smoked both sets.

Squats were a bit of a disaster. I was going for at least 8 but came way forward on my 7th rep and had to ditch the bar onto the rack. So I banged out a 20-rep set and accepted defeat. I just couldn’t really find my groove plus my erectors were still pretty fried from deadlifting on Friday. I also wonder if squatting 3 times a fortnight instead of twice a week is going to take some getting used to? I absolutely HATE not making my reps. It will be bugging me until I come back, make my reps and do what I should have done today.

Steep incline felt a bit weird.

Also I have been doing FM pushups and weighted chin up/pull up ladders throughout the week. I’ll start logging them from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment