“A 40oz to freedom is the only chance I have to feel good...” – Sublime

“...two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.” – Henry Rollins

“Adult males > 200lbs” – 70’s Big

Friday, November 11, 2011

Press PR

- Press: 70/154 x 7(rep PR), 62.5/138 x 9
- Safety Squat: 120/264 x 15
- Weighted Chin: 20/45 x 8, 8
- Tricep Extension (from floor): 40/88 x 15, 12
- Core work
- Neck Harness: 24/53x4x40

Just as I was telling myself to accept a bit of strength loss while leaning out, I hit a nice little rep PR on the press. Pretty happy with this.

Safety squat bar was definitely a good purchase. At first I loaded up 3 plates and banged out a few reps but it felt significantly heavier than a regular low bar back squat with the same weight and it does pitch you forward a bit, so I took a bit off and completed the set above. After rep 12 or so I started to see stars, but in hindsight I probably wasn’t as close to failure as I initially thought and maybe could have gotten 20 reps or more if I had pushed myself. This was my first time ever using the SSB and now that I’ve used it I think you can really fucking push yourself and extend the set far beyond what you thought was possible. Next time I’m going to really destroy it.

I’ve decided that I just don’t like the FM approach to chins and would much rather smash two sets to failure once or twice a week. I know JP said if I was to do this it should be in lieu of one of my back variants, but I feel it should be alright and I’m willing to give it a go and find out for myself.

1 comment:

  1. That is a great PR for the press. Should of filmed SBS. I'm gonna start filming again.

    ReplyDelete