“A 40oz to freedom is the only chance I have to feel good...” – Sublime

“...two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.” – Henry Rollins

“Adult males > 200lbs” – 70’s Big

Friday, November 18, 2011

Not so good

- DB Bench: 84/185 x 8, 75/165 x 10 (+2)
- Sumo Deadlift: 190/419 x 3, 140/308 x 15
- Seated Alternating DB Curl: 34/75 x 14, 10
- Core work
- Neck Harness: 24/53x2x40



The session started well when I smoked the DB bench on both sets.

Unfortunately I didn’t do so well on the deadlift. After I struggled on the lockout of rep 3, I knew the set was over. I’m strong off the floor but I get stuck just before lockout and my legs start to wobble and I can’t fully lock my legs out. Feeling pretty dejected I stripped some plates off and banged out an easy 15 with a little over 300.

I’ve had a damn good run with my deadlift over the last few months and I know I can’t expect to just continue marching on to 500 without any hiccups, especially while losing body fat. However I ‘m not exactly sure what I should do now. I can reset and work back up trying to break rep PRs on the way. Or I can try and progress my 3rm for a few weeks. I think I might get John’s opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment