“A 40oz to freedom is the only chance I have to feel good...” – Sublime

“...two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.” – Henry Rollins

“Adult males > 200lbs” – 70’s Big

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Training in the heat

- Sumo Deadlift: 140/308 x 10 x 2 (1 minute rest)
- Row: 70/154 x 2 x 8
- Drag Curl: 30/66 x 3 x 10
- Core work
- Prowler: 10 x 20m trips with 180lbs in 10:00



Today was the first day deadlifting according to Steel’s Train Like An Athlete program. I had to tape my hands to cover my torn calluses, but they tore further anyway. Now the calluses are all but gone, which will allow me to start afresh and ensure that they don’t build up in the first place. Aside from my hand absolutely killing me, these deadlifts felt good and I like the repetition of setting up and pulling quality reps over and over again.

Didn’t do much else really, my hands were too fucking sore. I had my bone scan and will have the results by tomorrow afternoon. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment