“A 40oz to freedom is the only chance I have to feel good...” – Sublime

“...two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.” – Henry Rollins

“Adult males > 200lbs” – 70’s Big

Monday, November 28, 2011

The outlook is bleak

- Bench: 90/198 x 5 x 2, 68/150 x 10
- Seated Press: 71/156 x 6, 65/143 x 8
- Weighted Chin: 20/44 x 10, 8
- Core Work
- Neck Harness: 24/53x4x40
- Prowler: 10 x 20m trips with 180lbs in 10:00

I started Steel’s “Big Bench Program” today. I also plan to progress my deadlift according to the Train Like An Athlete program. I’m taking a break from squats to give my knee a bit of a rest.

It looks like I have a possible stress fracture in my left foot. Nothing came up on the x-ray, so now I am awaiting a bone scan. If the physiotherapist is correct and I do have a stress fracture, I’ll have to use crutches for several weeks, which means not only will I be unable to walk, run, sprint, jump, squat or deadlift, but I might not be able to go hiking and camping in Tasmania in January.

I’ve been looking forward to this Tasmania trip all year and words can describe how fucking disappointed I will be if I can’t go.

2 comments: