“A 40oz to freedom is the only chance I have to feel good...” – Sublime

“...two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.” – Henry Rollins

“Adult males > 200lbs” – 70’s Big

Friday, September 2, 2011

Not too shabby

- Bench: 104/229 x 1 x 5 (PR)
- Sumo Deadlift: 165/364 x 1 x 8 (PR)
- Squat: 147.5/325 x 1 x 8 (rep PR)
- Weighted Dip: 22.5/49 x 3 x 10
- Glute Ham Raise: BW x 50 total reps
- Ab Wheel Rollout: 2 x 20
- Neck Harness: 24/53x4x25



Despite sleeping like shit last night we had a pretty good session today and I hit some decent PRs.

Bench was okay, but that last rep was a lot harder than I wanted it to be.

Deadlift went well and I will soon be pulling double body weight for reps.

Squat was another 3 rep PR. My calculated 1 rep max is at 404lbs which, while being slightly inflated, indicates that I’m around a double body weight squat.

I plan to continue taking whatever meagre strength gains I can get while taking my conditioning and athleticism to the next level while actually looking fit and impressive.

I am also looking at other programs, including WS4SB, some kind of 4 day upper/lower split as well as some set ups recommended by JP.

3 comments:

  1. Hey man, I can see your looking at taking your training to the next level. Shoot me an email if you want to book a consultation re: dietary advice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah thanks man. If I decide I want to get my squat to 200kg by fat-fucking myself, you'll be the first person I consult.

    ReplyDelete