“A 40oz to freedom is the only chance I have to feel good...” – Sublime

“...two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.” – Henry Rollins

“Adult males > 200lbs” – 70’s Big

Monday, August 1, 2011

Not Bad

- Bench: 92/203 x 5 x 5
- Squat: 125/275 x 1 x 12
- Weighted Chin Up: 20.5/45 x 3 x 5 + 10/22 x 10 + BW x 10
- Glute Ham Raise: BW x 4 x 6



Today wasn’t bad. I increased the volume dose on bench. I am going to hit the GHR every training session until I get my reps up as recommended by Jim Wendler (or maybe it was Dave Tate?).

Squats felt good but hard. I’m not sure if squatting once a week will prove enough stimulus to drive some kind of progress. My hip is still bothering me a bit and my knee is a bit tender. I am also reconciling myself to the fact that I may never reach a 400lb squat due to my knee and that is just something I am going to have to accept.

Current bodyweight: 85.5kg/188.5lbs. 11.5 more pounds to freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment